A pressure washer is a tool that can be used for various tasks, especially washing cars. A pressure washer can be electrical or gas-based. An electrical washer can be a sigh of relief in this situation. We all know that washing a car manually can be very time-consuming. So, to save time pressure washer is an ideal tool.
Again, a pressure washer will remove all the dirt and junks from every corner of the car with its speedy water flow. So, it’s often heard that people don’t know how to use a pressure washer to wash a car. But you’re at the right place to know in detail about using a pressure washer with solvent to make your car shiny and clean.
Benefits and Risks of Using a Pressure Washer
A pressure washer is a very useful tool, but it has some risks also. We’re here to describe a procedure to wash your car with pressure washer mixing with a solvent.
Washing a car manually can be very time-consuming. Rinsing water manually then lathering solvent and again washing it is a very lengthy and time-consuming process. This makes it hard for the car owner to wash a car on a regular basis. This is when a pressure washer comes handy. It’s very user-friendly and reduces your time in washing car.
- If the pressure washer is not used with the right settings, it can damage the car.
- If there is any soft paint in the car, the pressure washer can wear that off.
- If the nozzle of the pressure washer is not set accordingly, it can scratch the car with high water force.
How to Wash Car with Pressure Washer?
- Positioning the car: For washing a car, the first step to do is to position the car. For washing, the car should be placed in a wide-open place where electricity and water source are available as you will need water and electricity to run the pressure washer.
- Setting the pressure washer: Pressure washing cars can be both good and bad according to their setting. Here, PSI represents the force of water and GPM represents the lever of water release. PSI and GPM together represent the cleaning units. Suppose, a pressure washer has 1700 PST and 2 GPM. So, the cleaning units are (1700*2) =3400 cleaning units. How will you know the ideal level of PSI and GPM for washing your car safely? Well, that’s why we are here for. The ideal cleaning units for a pressure washer are 1900 to 2800 units. So, according to that, the safe PSI for car wash should be around 1200 to 1900 and GPM should be 1.4 to 2.
- Choosing the correct nozzle: Nozzle controls the span of water outflow. Besides, you should correctly choose the nozzle for hassle-free flows. Different degrees of nozzles apply different levels of outflows. So you should choose according to that. One thing to remember is, narrow nozzle flows water in smaller span but high force. On the other hand, wider nozzle flows water in a wider span with low force.
- Rinsing: When you wash your car, do not forget to rinse it before applying any solvent. Make sure you shut down all the windows and gates of the car, so water cannot go in and damage your car. One more thing to remember is when you start rinsing your car, start it from a distance then gradually come close. In this way, you will understand if the speed of the pressure washer is appropriate for your car.
- Applying solvent with a pressure washer: After rinsing the car, you should go for the solvent. Now remember one thing, the car detergents are available in the market in a very dense form. Before applying it to your car, dilute it with enough water. What you can do is: take a bucket, mix one part of it with two parts of water. Then apply a towel to apply it to the car. It’s imperative to let the detergent stay on the car for 5-7 minutes and start from the top of the car. Then wash it off.
- Final rinsing: After keeping the detergent for a while, give your car a final rinse—Wash all the detergent with the pressure washer.
When the washing is done, do not forget to disconnect the pressure washer and drain all the water. Otherwise, it may harm the pressure washer later.
Hopefully, we have answered all your questions regarding the usage of a pressure washer. Besides, you’ve a clear idea on the procedures of how to use a pressure washer to wash a car using a solvent. So without making any further delay, get a pressure washer for yours as well as your car’s comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It’s undeniable that people use a pressure washer to wash their cars but sometimes damage the paint of your car. So, to have proper cleaning, you can use a soapy sponge or a suitable solvent with your pressure washer to avoid this incident.
Of course, if you don’t have a car washing solvent, you can use your hair shampoo to get the job done.
People use plenty of substitutes for car wash soap, but laundry detergent, hand soap, and armor fortify can be the best options.
Greetings from James Milan. I am an Automotive enthusiast and car repairing expert for over 12 years. Blogging is one of my hobbies. According to my interest, I’ve started this blog to share my thoughts about the Automotive sectors and hope you’ll love it.