The ignition plugs are small but vital components that have no alternative to ignite the compressed air-fuel mixture in each cylinder. You need to make sure that your engine has an ideal set of spark plugs. Because it’s important to keep your engine properly functioning and hold off the problems such as misfiring, poor mileage, engine knocking, and so on.
BMW is one of the most sophisticated vehicle manufacturers in the world. Many of us have a fascination with BMW cars because of their elegant design and impressive looks. Even though appearance is crucial for fascination, the performance of a car matters the most. The performance of the car mostly depends on the spark plugs.
However, you require the most specific spark plugs for your BMW. That’s why I have come with some of the best BMW spark plugs.
1. Bosch Double Platinum Spark Plug for BMW (Pack of 1)
If you are looking for long-lasting and high-performance spark plugs for BMW, then look no further. This one is great because of its many impressive features. The spark plug is made with double-platinum construction that makes it more durable and high-performing compared to the single platinum and copper spark plugs.
The FR7NPP332 requires comparatively less voltage to create consistent sparks as it features the OE fine wire design. The manufacturer constructed its rolled thread with a nickel-plated shell. So this sparker doesn’t require anti-seizing.
The OEM ignition plug comes pre-gapped from the factory. So you don’t need to gap it while installation. With a 3 times longer life span and 5 years of guarantee, the FR7NPP332 is obviously a reliable option.
- Thanks to the fine wire design, the spark plug offers excellent ignitability and performance
- Owing to the double platinum firing pin and ground electrode inlay, it provides a 3X longer service life compared to standard copper plugs.
- 360° continuous laser welding to fuse the platinum firing pin for increased durability.
- Original equipment, pre-gapped replacement delivering optimum fit makes it perfect for a wide range of vehicles including, but not limited to, the following: BMW: 2007-10 X3, 2007-10 X5, 2006-10 Z4, 2008-13 128i, 2006-10 323i, 2006 325i, 2006 325xi, 2007-12 328i, 2009-12 328i xDrive, 2007-08 328xi, 2006 330i, 2006 330xi, 2006-07 525i.
- It is also compatibkle with BMW: 2006-07 525xi, 2008-10 528i, 2009-10 528i xDrive, 2008 528xi, 2006-07 530i, 2006-07 530xi; SAAB: 2006-09 9-4.
- Comes with durable construction that makes it long-lasting.
2. NGK OEM 3199 Laser Platinum Spark Plugs Set for BMW (6pcs)
The NGK OEM 3199 is a premium quality spark plug set that comes with 6 pcs. These are made from Platinum and specially designed for BMW. It can be used right after the installation as these spark plugs are pre-gapped.
The sparker consists of high-grade alumina silicate ceramic and fine wire center electrodes that ensure high ignitability. So the engine will run smoothly. Moreover, it also ensures a slow wear rate, offering stable idle, and superior anti-fouling.
After installing these sparking plugs on your BMW cars, you will get better mileage. Because these spark plugs significantly improve the fuel economy.
- Comes with an iconic spark plug brand, NGK.
- Made up of Platinum.
- Comes with pre-gapped. So there is no need to gap these. Just simply plug and play!
- Features high-grade alumina silicate ceramic and fine wire center electrodes.
- Offers high ignitability and longer service life.
- Ensure slow wear rate, offering stable idle, and superior anti-fouling.
- Provides improved fuel efficiency and lower emissions.
- Specially designed for BMW. So it will fit most models.
3. Bosch OEM 158253 / FR7NP P332 Platinum Spark Plugs Set for BMW
This is another great set of spark plugs from Bosch. The set consists of 6 high-quality pre-gapped sparking plugs for BMW cars. The spark plug is designed to ensure easy and smooth engine starting, improving fuel economy.
If you install it on a turbocharged engine, you will get 30,000 miles of active service. And for a non-turbo-charged engine, the overall lifespan would be around 60,000 miles.
These spark plugs are very easy to install. There is no need to set the gap when you install it.
- Performs 30,000 miles in a turbo-charged engine, and 60,000 miles in a non turbo-charged engine.
- Specially engineered with a high-performance ground electrode that offers longer service life.
- Features fine wire platinum firing pin for better ignitability.
- Unique 360 continuous laser weld fuses corrosion-resistant platinum firing pin to base.
- Comes with 6 pieces in a set.
- Compatible with most BMW models.
4. NGK 6619 Iridium Spark Plugs LFR6AIX-11 – 6 PCSNEW
The NGK 6619 comes with a top-quality center electrode, so the flame core glows larger. It can create sparks effortlessly.
Compared to its platinum and copper counterpart, these premium quality components offer more stable and consistent performance. And it also comes with excellent ignitability.
This spark plug is superior to the similar products of other brands because of its better acceleration performance, fuel efficiency, and overall outstanding performance.
- The diameter of the center electrode is very fine, thus the flame core glows larger.
- Also, the tip of the ground electrode is taper cut.
- Produces spark very easily and has excellent ignitability.
- Has less dispersion than a conventional spark plug, allowing it to maintain stable and consistent performance.
- Enhanced power in the middle rpm range offers better acceleration performance.
- Offers better performance and idling stability compared to conventional spark plugs.
- Ensure easy starting and improved fuel efficiency.
5. High Power Ignition Coil & Spark Plug for BMW (Pack of 6)
If you are looking for the best aftermarket spark plugs for BMW, then this set can be an excellent option for you. This spark plug is perfectly designed to replace OEM components.
These after-market spark plugs are easy to install, and safe to use as well. After installing these, you can simply get rid of common engine problems, including misfires, no/hard start, lack of power, spark plug fouling, and so on.
With this spark plug set, you can keep your automotive devices away from inconsistent transmission shifts. Besides that, it significantly reduces premature catalytic converter failure. Also, you will get better mileage. It is supported by a wide variety of BMW models. And the manufacturer assures you of a 1-year product warranty.
- Comes with a 6 set of ignition coils and spark plugs.
- Designed to replace original parts with super easy, safe and seamless installation.
- Reduces common problems such as Misfires, No/hard start, Lack of power, Long crank time, and Spark plug fouling,
- Keep your vehicle away from inconsistent transmission shifts.
- Significantly reduces premature catalytic converter failure.
- Offers better mileage by improving fuel economy.
- Fits most BMW models.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty.
6. NGK SILZKBR8D8S Laser Iridium Spark Plug (97506 Laser Iridium), 4 Pack
Are you facing trouble while starting the engine of your BMW each time? If so, then it’s time to check the spark plugs first. The two things can happen; the spark plugs are expired or some of these get damaged.
No matter what! You just have to change the spark plugs. The NGK SILZKBR8D8S Laser Iridium Spark Plug is a reliable option in this case. It’s a set of 4 high-performance spark plugs.
Smooth and faster starts, as well as quicker acceleration, are some of the most important features that it comes with. Apart from that, it also makes sure better fuel economy by maintaining lower emissions at a time.
This option offers superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing because of the trivalent metal plating. With its longer insulating nose, it can perfectly prevent fouling. Owing to the Platinum disc welded to the backside of the ground electrode, it offers a long life span.
- Longer insulator nose prevents fouling.
- Corrugated ribs on the insulator prevent flashover, and the triple gasket seal eliminates combustion gas leakage.
- Platinum disc welded to backside of ground electrode provides long life.
- Faster starts and quicker acceleration.
- Better fuel economy and lower emissions, trivalent metal plating for superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing.
7. SHUJI High-Performance Platinum Spark Plugs 12120037607 BKR6EQUP 3199 for BMW
If you are looking for top-performance universal fit spark plugs to replace OEM components, then this option is the ultimate choice. Featuring a high-quality center electrode, the plug offers great durability.
Its ceramic frame offers excellent resistance to high temperatures. The spark plugs also come with better ignitability. By installing this spark plug, you can perfectly reduce the most common engine problems such as rough idling, hard starting, and so on.
Besides that, once you have installed this spark plug, you will get better mileage. And it will fit a variety of BMW models. The manufacturer secures your purchase with a 1-year warranty.
- High-performance Universal Fit component to replace OEM products.
- Precious center electrode for durability
- Ceramic frame provides excellent resistance to high temperature
- Comes with better ignitability.
- Reduces the most common problems.
- Offers better mileage.
- Fits a a variety of BMW models
- 1-year warranty with proof of purchase
8. Flet Pre Gapped Spark Plugs 12120037244 ZGR6STE2 for BMW
This one is another great option to replace the OEM components. The 12120037244 ZGR6STE2 spark plugs come with a combination of quality and value.
The universal fit option features a ceramic frame. So it ensures better resistance to high temperatures. Its top-quality center electrode offers better ignitability. It also ensures a smooth and reliable starting.
Since it’s a universal fit option, it will fit most BMW models. After installing this sparking plug in your BMW engine, you will experience satisfactory mileage each time. Its 1-year warranty is more than enough for a worry-free purchase.
- Top-quality Universal Fit component to replace OEM products.
- Ceramic frame provides excellent resistance to high temperature.
- Precious center electrode for durability.
- Comes with better ignitability.
- Keeps your vehicle away from common problems.
- Offers better mileage.
- Commpatiable with a variety of BMW models.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
9. BMW 12-12-0-039-664 Spark Plug, High Power
The BMW 12-12-0-039-664 is perfect for those who are looking for the most durable spark plugs. With durable design and construction, this one performs like the OEM components. Featuring the iridium electrode, the BMW 12-12-0-039-664 is a reliable option.
Having the capacity of creating excellent sparks, the model offers great ignitability. It also can perfectly handle all the issues like rough idling, hard engine starting, poor mileage, and so on.
The manufacturer offers the pre-gapped product. So you can simply install it without facing any hassle.
- Made in the United States.
- Provides the same performance as the OEM parts do.
- Features Iridium electrode.
- Durable and reliable.
- Can create effective sparks.
- Comes with gapped. So just plug and play!
10. Bosch OEM 12122158253 / FR7NPP332 (6pcs) Platinum Iridium Spark Plugs
If you are looking for the best platinum-iridium spark plugs set for your BMW, then this option should be an excellent choice. The package comes with 6 pcs of top-quality spark plugs.
Since these are OEM components and made by the giant manufacturer, Bosch, quality, and performance will be outstanding. The combination of platinum and iridium makes it more durable and reliable.
With this option, you will have everything that a good set of spark plugs offer. So if you need multiple units, then you can opt for this package.
- Comes with 6 high-performance spark plugs.
- Made up of iridium with platinum coating.
- Comes with pre-set.
- Compatible with a wide variety of BMW models.
- Provides smooth and easy starts, and improves fuel economy.
Buying Guide On The Best Spark Plugs For BMW
Although the spark plug is a small component, it owns significant importance. There are so many things you have to consider before purchasing the most appropriate set of spark plugs for your BMW car. Let’s explore this comprehensive buying guide to make your purchase worthy.
Types Of Spark Plugs For BMW
There are a variety of spark plugs out there in the market. When you look for the best spark plugs for BMW, compatibility is a factor that you need to make sure of. Let’s see which types of spark plugs can be used on BMW cars.
Copper Spark Plugs
This type features the electrode with the largest diameter (2.5 mm ). It is constructed with a core of solid copper, however, the central electrode consists of nickel alloy at its ends. The nickel alloy is softer than that of its platinum and iridium counterparts. So it requires more voltage to create sparks. The copper spark plugs are expected to last around 10,000 to 20,000 miles.
Platinum Spark Plugs
There are two types of platinum spark plugs available: single platinum spark plugs, and double platinum spark plugs.
The single platinum spark plug is pretty much similar to its copper counterpart in terms of design. Having a platinum disk welded over the top of the central electrode makes it a bit different.
The double-platinum ignition plug is perfectly designed to solve the waste spark issues that the copper sparking plugs and the single sparking plugs have. This one is the most durable, and it lasts 4x more than that of a copper model. The average life expectancy of the platinum spark plugs is around 30,000 miles. It can last up to 80,000 miles in some cases.
Iridium Spark Plugs
This type is considered the most effective spark plug. It is constructed with a platinum tip on the side electrode as well as the iridium tip on the central electrode. The diameter of the central electrode is 0.4 mm only just because of the iridium tip. This is the most durable type over others, with a life expectancy of around 40,000 to 50,000 miles. But some options can last up to 100,000 miles.
Reasons for Using High-Quality Spark Plugs On BMW Cars
Undoubtedly, the spark plug is one of the most vital components of the engine. Here are some of the benefits you will get with the best spark plugs mentioned below.
Consistent Combustion System
The low-quality spark plugs do not maintain consistency in the combustion system. Inconsistent combustion systems are responsible for several problems, including vibration and rough idling. So opting for the best spark plugs is the most effective way of getting a consistent combustion system back.
Easy and Smooth Starting
Low quality spark plugs cannot start the engine as smoothly as a high quality spark plug would. They get damaged easily and sooner than expected. So choosing top quality spark plugs should be on the top of your priority list of engine maintenance tasks.
Reduce Harmful Emissions
As the copper spark plugs get expired or damaged earlier than before the expected life expectancy, these can produce harmful black emissions through the back exhaust pipe. Having high-quality and long-lasting spark plugs (Iridium or platinum) on the engine is a better way of solving this issue in a good manner.
Improved Fuel Efficiency
The fuel efficiency of your BMW engine may reduce up to around 30% because of the below-standard spark plugs.
If you want to overcome this issue, then high-quality iridium and platinum spark plugs are a must. With a set of top-quality spark plugs, you will get improved fuel economy.
How Often Should You Change Spark Plugs On a BMW?
The life expectancy of a spark plug depends on so many factors such as type, brand, model, and so on. Mostly, it depends on the type of engine. Here is a data-driven chart given below.
All the data mentioned above are approximate. The above data should be considered If the spark plug doesn’t get damaged before the recommended period. As part of regular maintenance, you should check the spark plugs and other vital engine components. If you find any faulty item, then replace it as soon as possible.
Bosch Double Platinum Spark Plug for BMW (Pack of 1) is the best for those who are looking for only a platinum spark plug unit. If you need multiple units, then the NGK OEM 3199 Laser Platinum Spark Plugs Set for BMW (6pcs) is really an unbeatable option.
High Power Ignition Coil & Spark Plug for BMW (Pack of 6) is one of the most reliable aftermarket solutions. Bosch OEM 12122158253 / FR7NPP332 (6pcs) Platinum Iridium Spark Plugs is another premium quality option. All the models mentioned above are the best in their own way, so choose the model that fits your needs most.
What Brand Of Spark plugs Are Best For BMW cars?
There are many spark plug brands available on the market right now for BMW cars. Taking into account all the specs, features, positives, and negatives, Bosch and NGK are the best spark plug brands for BMW. However, some aftermarket spark plugs mentioned above are also great in a certain way, it depends on the model of your BMW.
How Many Spark Plugs Are Required For Your BMW?
It depends on the type of engine and the number of cylinders. Usually, an engine requires one spark plug for each cylinder, but some engines may require two spark plugs for each cylinder.
How Much Do Spark Plugs For BMW Cars Cost?
The price depends on the brand, quality, quantity, type, and so on. However, a spark plug may cost around $7 to $30.
Are BMW Spark Plugs Pre-gapped?
Most modern spark plugs come pre-gapped. So, not all of them but most of them are pre-gapped.
Greetings from James Milan. I am an Automotive enthusiast and car repairing expert for over 12 years. Blogging is one of my hobbies. According to my interest, I’ve started this blog to share my thoughts about the Automotive sectors and hope you’ll love it.